A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
About this game
Sudokil is a hacking/scripting themed game about using Unix-like commands on a terminal to control computers, robots, and various other devices. Progress through levels and get access to different puzzle elements while collecting more scripts, permissions and tools.
While the primary purpose of the game is to be a fun puzzle game, it is definitely educational for people who are not familiar with basic Unix concepts such as navigating a file structure with commands such as cd, or ls.
Sudokil is a work-in-progress game, currently in a prototyping/alpha state. Give it a try and leave me plenty of feedback for improvements. I try to release a new version every month with new levels and features. At the moment, all the art is placeholder and to be seen as programmer art.
- Interactive tutorial level
- 1 puzzle level
- Unix-like command prompt with common commands
- Convenience features such as tab-autocomplete, and history
If you like the concept of Sudokil, and are interested in it's development, there are a number of things you could do to help.
- Play the current version, and leave me some feedback!
- Follow the game through the various channels such as here, or through twitter where I post regular screenshots and updates throughout the month.
- Spread the word!
- Monetary donations are appreciated, and will help fund some of the development (costs like music and art).
06 Oct 2016 - v0.22
- minor updates to packaging and version printing
28 Sep 2016 - v0.2
- added level loader
- added networking systems
- added lighting
- added level 3, 4 and a few playground levels for testing
- UI rework
- bug fixes
22 Sep 2016 - v0.1
First public version! Playable prototype with a tutorial and a test level.
|Published||186 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Education, hacking, Pixel Art, programming, Retro, Robots, Sci-fi, scripting, Top-Down, unix|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Interactive tutorial|
Click download now to get access to the following files: